grunt-wendy is my latest Grunt plugin. It’s a CasperJS test runner with customizable filtering and formatting options, which CasperJS alone lacks.
npm install --save-dev grunt-wendy
See the docs and contribute to grunt-wendy on the GitHub repository here: grunt-wendy on GitHub
- adds formatting options to format CasperJS’ output
- adds filtering to filter out unwanted CasperJS output
- adds option to not fail on conditions — e.g. just output a warning when there are dubious or skipped tests
- is version locked to PhantomJS 1.9.7 via the node phantomjs 1.9.11 module — this is a troublemaker for a lot of errors with the other tasks
- fully exposes the casper cli (iamchrismiller’s uses options only), including allowing custom test runner instead of just casper test (neither of the others do)
- currently maintained by original developer (ronaldloker’s is not, and although pull requests are merged by @gorillamania other chores are not guaranteed: changelog, bump, npm publish)
Planned additions are:
- SlimerJS support for gecko (use iamchrismiller’s if you need this) and possibly trifleJS support for IE.
- Optional polyfill auto-injection for Function.prototype.bind, since PhantomJS 1.9.7 doesn’t implement it.
- Inclusion of other output formats for reporting besides CasperJS’ included xunit xml file